SC orders ND Tiwari to give blood sample
New Delhi, (ANI): The Supreme Court has today ordered Congress veteran ND Tiwari to give his blood sample for a DNA test in the paternity suit, after rejecting his plea against the High Court order. Tiwari had requested the court that he should not be forced to give his blood sample, as the entire case is an attempt to malign him. The former Uttarakhand chief minister's blood sample was required to ascertain 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar's claim of being his biological son. Last week, the High Court had scrapped a single judge bench's September 2011 order that the 86-year-old leader cannot be compelled to give his blood sample.
- One killed, 2 injured as miscreants open fire in assam
- Mamata Banerjee is unfit for politics: Katju
- Mufti stresses reopening Kashmirs traditional trade route
- Indian scientist wins world's richest academic prize
- Restoration of peace in Assam, top priority of govt, says Chidambaram
- Egypt all-veiled TV aims to cover women's needs
- Police arrest Maoists, recover huge cache of arms
- Annas Fast unto death enters day 3
- Northeast India clashes kill 38, displace 170,000
- Maoists planting landmines on roads in Bihar
- Team Anna fast Day 2: Anna calls for united campaign
- Obama vows gun checks after Colorado shooting
Comments (Leave a Reply)
Share Your View via Facebook
1. Introduction : Holi is celebrated from the full moon day (pournima) of..
The stage managed crisis to justify the approval for FDI in multi-brand retail. There is more to onion prices than what ..
Telangana activists attacked a private college at the NRI College at Kukatpally near Hyderabad demanding its closure while..
There are distinct indications that some forces within India and Pakistan have made headway in improving relations betwe..
Janata Party president Dr. Subramanian Swamy today called for a war on corruption in India. Corruption, Swamy said, had re..