Pune, May 30 (ANI): A day before he retires from office, Army chief General VK Singh today said that there was no misund..
A historic win for Narendra Modi : Best Bakery case judgment
Highlights of Best Bakery Case Judgment
- Bombay High Court on 9th July, 2012 passed the historic judgment.
- Out of 9 accused facing life term, 5 have been acquitted and the remaining 4 accused are directed to be sent from Maharashtra Jail to Gujarat.
- The Court has observed that the remaining 4 accused are completing 10 years in jail, hence the State Government can review their conviction, if their conduct in jail was found to be satisfactory.
- The Court has given a compensation of Rs. 3 Lakhs to all the 4 eye-witnesses who were injured also.
- The Court has directed to pay a compensation of Rs. 3 Lakhs to Yasmeen Bano Sheikh also, who demanded re-trial of the case and stated that she was tutored by Teesta Setalvad. Although her petition was dismissed but order to give compensation to her also looks like Court has rewarded her for speaking the truth.
- No clean chit has been given to Teesta Setalvad and her intervention application was also dismissed by the Court with the remarks "Since the Court has not made any observations against her, it requires to be dismissed".
- The Court has also expunged all the adverse remarks passed by the Trial Court against the defence Lawyers and Gujarat State.
- The Court has also set aside the Trial Court's order of compoundable punishment to the accused persons, hence the remaining 4 accused will face only life term.
Also View: Evidence Against Teesta Setalvad
Conclusion : The judgment is historic as it is in total favour of Narendra Modi, in a way that it has acquitted 5 accused and the fate of remaining 4 has been given in the hands of the Gujarat Government to decide after completion of 10 years. The Court has also not given any room to Teesta Setalvad to challenge the verdict in the Supreme Court!
Complete Story : Godhra Riot
Source : François Gautier
Share Your View via Facebook
Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa has surrendered at the Lokayukta Court and will remain in judicial custody till 22 Octo..
Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev is considering an appeal against the Supreme Court judgement that blamed him too for the violent c..
My Dear Sisters and Brothers,
Some people talk incoherent things about Kashmir related issues bu..
The state of Karnataka is going for Assembly elections on the 5th of May 2013. The results will be declared on 8th May a..