Crusader against corruption, Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy has announced forming of an Action Committee Again..
Akshay Trutiya is the day when Tretayug commenced. Hindu
Dharmashastra attaches great importance to that day when one Yug
ends and another Yug commences. This day marks the end of
“kalahakal” of earlier Yug and beginning of “Satyayug” of next Yug.
Although this transition is only momentary, the whole day is
considered to be a “Muhurt’ (auspicious day) since it’s good effect
lasts for twenty four hours. Akshay Trutiya is considered one of
three and half “Muhurtas” in a year as per Hindu calendar. On this
very day, Lord Hayagriv, Lord Naranarayan as well as Lord Parshuram
descended on this earth. It is celebrated on the third day
(trutiya) of the bright half of Vaishakh, which falls on 6th May
Importance of Akshay Trutiya : On this day, combined positive vibrations of Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu, descend on earth from higher regions (Lok) in manifest (Sagun) form. This increases sattvikta on the earth by 10%. The ritual performed on this day encompasses a bath with sacred water, ritualistic worship (puja) of Lord Vishnu, chanting, a sacrificial fire (hom), donations and offerings to ancestors (pitrutarpan). The scriptures recommend a rite for the departed (shraddha) or atleast an offering of sesame seeds. Articles which give protection from the sun like an umbrella, a pair of slippers, etc. should also be given away in charity on this day. A seeker (worshipper) should make an offering to a deserving person (Satpaatre Daan), that is, involving not only spiritual propagation but also activities towards the protection of the Nation and Dharma. Offering to a deserving person will accrue no virtue for the donor but the offering will become 'Akarma karma (non action, without any doership)' leading to his spiritual progress. Thus, a seeker will go to a higher region due to his spiritual progress.
This day is also of great significance to women as they immerse Chaitragouri (the female deity) and perform the ceremony of haldikumkum.
1. Meaning: On this day if we sincerely pray and pay obeisance to the Deities with intense spiritual emotion of gratitude, they continuously shower prosperity and happiness, and their krupadrushti (Grace) has ever lasting effect on us.
2. Worshipping Goddess Mrutika devi (Mother Earth): Due to everlasting blessings of Mrutika devi, or Mother earth we are bestowed with Dhaanyalaxmi (Goddess of food grains), Dhanalaxmi (Goddess of wealth) and Vaibhavlaxmi (Goddess of Prosperity). Akshay Trutiya is the day when we pay obeisance and worship Mrutika devi.
3. Cultivation of field and sowing the seeds: Akshay Trutiya hails the advent of Monsoons in Bharat. Generally, fields should be ploughed on the auspicious day of Gudhi Padwa. The ploughed fields should then be cultivated for sowing the seeds till Akshay Trutiya.
4. Plantation of trees: The trees, seeds of which are planted on this auspicious day, blossom with abundant fruits. Similarly Ayurvedic medicinal herbs, planted on this auspicious day, survive forever and we do not face the scarcity of medicinal herbs.
5. Importance of praying to Vaibhavlaxmi along with Lord Vishnu on this day: On this day, the ruler responsible for protection and well being of the society, should pay obeisance and perform ritualistic worship of the idol of Vaibhavlaxmi along with Lord Vishnu, with spiritual emotion of gratitude. This endows happiness and prosperity upon the residents of the kingdom. Goddess Laxmi is shakti (divine energy) of Lord Vishnu. While doing ritualistic worship of Goddess Laxmi, if we do not invoke Lord Vishnu, then how can His shakti come to the place of worship and bless us? Hence whenever we want to pray to Goddess Laxmi in any form, we should first invoke Lord Vishnu and then Goddess Laxmi. Thus the worshipper derives maximum benefit from Laxmi tattva (principle).
Literal and spiritual meaning of Tiltarpan : Tiltarpan means offering til (sesame seeds) and water to deities and ancestors. Til is symbol of sattvikata and water is symbol of purity of bhav (spiritual emotion). Tiltarpan means offering krutadnyata (gratitude) and sharanagat (surrenderance) bhav to God. 'Tiltarpan' on Akshay Tritiya helps to reduce the seeker's debt towards God and ancestors. God has everything. Then what can we offer to God? We should also not have any ego that “I am offering something to God”. While offering sesame seeds, we should have bhav that “God only is getting everything done through me”. This helps the seeker in increasing his bhav without increasing his ego, while offering tiltarpan.
Whom to offer Tiltarpan?
Method: First invoke the deities. Take a copper plate or of any other sattvik metal in your hands. Then invoke Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu or Lord Datta, who is combined form of both of them and invite them to arrive in this plate. Have the bhav that the deities have actually arrived in the subtle. Take sesame seeds in your hands with the bhav that the principles of Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma are in these sesame seeds. Then offer the seeds or pour them from your palms, with the bhav that you are offering them at the feet of deities.
Effect: When sesame seeds are offered at the feet of the deities (who have arrived in subtle), they absorb sattvik frequencies emitted by deities. Subsequently when water is offered, bhav is invoked in the person offering it. Due to bhav state, sattvikata absorbed in sesame seeds is received in greater amount by the person offering it. From this, we can understand that God is desirous of bhav. When we offer our ego and bhav to God, He rewards in abundance.
Importance: On this day, the sattva predominant frequencies are received from higher loks. Lots of jivas (souls) from Bhuvalok come near earth to get benefit of these sattva predominant frequencies. Most of them are our ancestors. We also have debts towards our ancestors. Hence it is advised to offer tiltarpan to ancestors on this day, so that they can gain the required spiritual momentum to rise to higher loks.
Method: In the second plate we can invoke the ancestors. Before offering sesame seeds to ancestors, we can pray to Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma so that the subtle principles of deities are absorbed in these sesame seeds. Then with bhav that our ancestors have arrived in subtle, offer sesame seeds and water at their feet. Then after two minutes, slowly offer these sesame seeds (containing divine principle) and water to ancestors in the second plate. Then we should pray to Lord Datta or Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu to elevate our ancestral souls to higher loks.
Effect: Sesame seeds have higher capacity to absorb sattvikata and remove raja, tama. According to the bhav of the seeker, while offering tiltarpan, black covering around the symbolic subtle body of the ancestors (that have arrived in the plate) is removed and their sattvikata increases. Thus they gain energy to rise to higher loks.
Related links :
# Remedies for the Premises (Vastu)
# How do the colour and design of the clothes affect the person
# Largest Hindu temple on planet - Virat Angkor Wat Ram temple
# Ritual of Waving Lit Lamps (Aarti) - A Spiritual Perspective
# Why namaskar, not hand shake: Spiritual benefits of namaskaar
# Arrangement of Deities In Temple Room and Queries about Aarti
For more details visit : www.forumforhinduawakening.org
For further details contact : [email protected]
Share Your View via Facebook
Krishna had a friend called Uddhava, a cousin just like Arjuna, the Pandava. While Arjuna was the son of Kunti, Vasudeva&r..
Blaming Congress for rise in corruption, Yog guru Baba Ramdev today urged public not to vote for the party in state and ge..
Narendra Modi was cleared of any wrongdoing by the Supreme Court of India of the Godhra 2002 riots. However, the anti-BJ..
26/11 took away the lives of 2 NSG commandos, 15 Police officers and constables, and around 150 civilians. IBTL pays hom..